Norman Galloway Homes provide shared / Cluster supported accommodation

In our quest to become a registered provider of social housing we started up our first 2 bedroom shared supported accommodation flat in South Nottinghamshire . This is the traditional supported accommodation model where we support the residents to sustain their tenancy and then help them to move on.

We also provide cluster supported accommodation for care leavers and work with various local authorities. The photos above are some of the rooms in our properties

How do I secure a place to live that I can call home?

If you are 18+ and in need of supported accommodation, and are homeless or at risk of homelessness and in need of support to access and maintain your accommodation then you can self-refer to our service by completing the application form.

As part of the application we will need to speak with any agencies that are supporting you including your local Housing Options team or Social Services Department. It is always advisable to talk with them first because they may have a duty to give you advice and guidance under the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 or the Children and Social Care Act 2017.

Referrals from Local Authorities

We also accept referrals from the Housing Options team in the Local Authority, Social Care and 3rd sector organisations. If you are making a referral from a statutory agency or 3rd sector organisation, then we ask you to do this via our website.

What happens after I’m offered a place to live?

If we offer you a placement in one of our properties then we will work with you to create a support plan to help you get to your goals.

Each property is fully furnished and your bedroom will be a good size with TV, bed, bedding, lamp, wardrobe, bedside cabinet, chest of drawers, towels.

What happens when I move in?

You will move in and we will visit you and talk with you on the phone everyday until we know you are settled. We will then meet up and talk about your goals and ambitions and any support needs you may have. We will meet up or talk every week, some weeks more than others, but the main thing is that the support we provide is what you need.

You can only live in our supported accommodation properties if you need the support and you will be required to agree to weekly sessions with our support workers as part of the condition that you live in our properties.

What happens when I no longer need your service?

The aim of our supported accommodation is to help you to get to a stage that you can manage on your own. In general you will move on to other social housing or into the private rental sector, however our care leaver solo flats operate a completely different model so you should look that up.

We will also help you with your housing applications and to access help to set up home.

What if you don’t meet our eligibility criteria?

If you need accommodation and are homeless or at risk of homelessness, then your local housing options team should be able to help you. If you are in this situation you can approach them and ask for advice and assistance.

Sometimes the Local Authority will provide relief from homelessness which in many cases means a hostel or B&B. And if you are vulnerable, pregnant or have children then they may determine that they owe you a duty to house you which means they will find you somewhere to live permanently.