Support Workers and/or Bank Staff – full time/part time – Salary £22,308.00 to £26,325.00
We are a housing provider accommodating care leavers 16+ across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. This includes 1-2-1 support. Supported Accommodation with some staff onsite 24/7. We are in the process of registering with Ofsted and are currently implementing new systems and processes.
Alongside this we pilot new schemes and work with employers to design and develop care leaver jobs programs to complement our housing offer. The applicant must be able to prioritise tasks appropriately whilst maintaining and developing effective relationships with our young people and partners.
Our core goal is to help care leavers develop their interdependence skills and networks and to help you do that we have our own internal program under continuous development and all staff complete the following modules over the course of a year.
We have the obligatory safeguarding and related training, but we also have training to help you help us develop our core offer.
Experience with housing and employability programs, children’s social care and supported accommodation is desirable. Full UK driving license is essential.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to any safeguarding concerns, following the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the development of policies and procedures and attend relevant training and development opportunities as required.
- Provide practical and emotional support to care leavers to help them develop independent living skills, including budgeting, cooking, and cleaning
- Support care leavers to identify their employment, education, and training needs and support them in accessing relevant opportunities.
- Deliver training and workshops on independent living skills and job readiness, and provide ongoing coaching and support to care leavers participating in the jobs program.
- Provide support and guidance on issues such as mental health, substance misuse, and relationships.
- Work closely with the Administration Team to ensure that care leavers have appropriate support and that their needs are met.
- Maintain accurate records of all support provided, monitor progress towards achieving agreed goals, and report regularly to the Team Manager.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and external agencies to ensure that care leavers receive a joined-up service, including liaising with social workers, probation officers, and other relevant professionals.
- Advocate on behalf of care leavers to ensure that their needs are met, and assist them in navigating complex systems such as benefits and housing and helping to reduce stigma.
- Promote the jobs program and recruit care leavers to participate and provide ongoing support to those participating in the jobs program, including job coaching and advocacy.
- Maintain a positive and supportive environment for care leavers, ensuring that their dignity and confidentiality are respected at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with care leavers, colleagues, and external agencies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and manage competing priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of care leavers and experience of working with this group.
- Ability to deliver training and workshops on independent living skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and external agencies to ensure that care leavers receive a joined-up service.
- Excellent record-keeping and monitoring skills.
- Full UK driving license essential.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 1 years of experience working with care leavers or a related group.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations relating to care leavers.
- A good understanding of Safeguarding
- Applications welcome from those with lived experience.
If you are detail-oriented, have excellent organisational abilities, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you.
Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.